Sponsorship and Hosting
The Data-PASS JEDI listserv is sponsored by several members of the Data Preservation Alliance for the Social Sciences (Data‐PASS). Data-PASS is a voluntary partnership of organizations created to archive, catalog, and preserve data used for social science research.
Members of Data-PASS include:
- The Institute for Quantitative Social Science (IQSS) at Harvard University
- The Howard W. Odum Institute for Research in Social Science at the University of North Carolina‐Chapel Hill
- The Interuniversity Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) at the University of Michigan
- The Qualitative Data Repository (QDR) at Syracuse University
- The Cornell Institute for Social and Economic Research (CISER) and the Roper Center for Public Opinion Research at Cornell University
- The Electronic and Special Media Records Service Division, National Archives and Records Administration
Data-PASS JEDI is hosted by QDR. Hosting entails providing technical support, managing the resources required for JEDI’s operation, and moderating the listserv.
Steering CommitteeData-PASS JEDI policies are decided by a steering committee, consisting of representatives from each of the Data-PASS repositories, and the editors of five social science journals. Each representative serves a two-year term. The first five editors were invited to participate by the Data-PASS representatives; thereafter they will be elected by listserv members.
Initial Steering Committee: (tbd)